42,560 MWh of electricity
generated per year
36,700 tons of CO2
savings per year
on annual steam production
Shandong Hongda Chemical Co., Ltd, as the subsidiary of Shandong Hongye Group, specialises in producing and selling coke, tar, clumsy, sulfur, ammonia, nitric acid and other chemical professional products. The client was looking for optimisation and cost reduction in the production site.
Improve Energy Efficiency and Cost Saving Sharing
Veolia replaces the existing pressure reducing valve by a backpressure steam turbine to produce electricity and shares the profit from saved energy with Hongda as opposed to an electrical sales agreement. Automation function was built-in and connected to a centralised energy performance monitoring centre Hubgrade for real-time visualisation.
Benefits for our client
- 35% savings based on 120t/h average annual steam production
- Reduction in energy bills, 42,560MWH electricity saved per year
- Reduce 36,700 tons of CO2 per year
- Remote monitoring and connect to the centralised energy performance centre Hubgrade for real-time visualisation
- Allow the client to focus on their core business while Veolia is responsible for the design, construct, operation and maintenance
Our Solutions in Energy, Water and Waste